REAL WORLD VR (5th session)
VIRTUAL REALITY FORUM, Q&A, DEMOS & NETWORKING MARKETING SESSION & PRODUCTION
Find out about virtual, augmented and mixed reality marketing and how to monetise VR in the marketing mix. We are also discussing the production process.
We are giving away a Commbank Teleporter Kit (Google Cardboard headset and storybook) with every ticket and running a competition to WIN a CARA VR & NUKE bundle worth over $8500
Venue: Loop Project Space and Bar, 23 Meyers Place Melbourne.
Tickets: From $15 Doors open: 6pm. Event starts: 6.30pm – 11.30pm
VIRTUAL REALITY MARKETING & PRODUCTION
- Where do I start and how do I get into VR?
- How can I utilise virtual reality for my brands and customers?
- How do we make money out of Virtual Reality?
- How can I gain exposure using this new technology and how do i get work?
- What are other VR companies and production companies doing?
- Hear from key industry specialists discuss how they have successfully utlised VR, AR & MR in their marketing mix.
- successfully utlised VR, AR & MR in their marketing mix
- SCOTT O’BRIEN, CEO at Humense, Founder of Augmented Reality OMG, Owner of Floorball.tv and Expert Advisor at International Social Media Association (ISMA). Previously Co Founder of Explore Engage Augmented Reality – Mobile Eyewear.
- BEN X TAN, Tech & Innovation Director at TBWA\Digital Arts Network Sydney (NRMA Crash Car Showroom).
- LEAH BUNNY, Founder of Real World VR, Virtual Soup & Carousel Creative (DIGITAL & VR MARKETING).
- KATE RICHARDSON, Agency Director and Head of Strategy Red Engine, SCC (TELSTRA For the Fans VR experience).
THE NIGHT INCLUDES:
- High-profile guest speakers / forum projected on large format screens.
- Q&A session.
- Demos / Virtual reality experience using Samsung Gear VR & Google Cardboard headsets (360 video) in the front room and HTC Vive in the back room on large format screens.
- Atmospheric licenced project space / iconic venue Loop Project Space & Bar, menu and snacks including Brooklyn Brewery specials.
- Complimentary Teleporter kits (Google Cardboard headset, an educational storybook and virtual reality experience).
- Your chance to WIN a CARA VR & NUKE bundle worth over $8500! Brought to you by THE FOUNDRY (terms and conditions apply).
Buy a ticket to Real World VR, like Real World VR on Facebook and send in an original image of what you think VR will look like in the next 10 years to email@example.com for your chance to WIN:
NUKE —An award-winning node-based compositor, NUKE provides state-of-the-art tools designed to streamline day-to-day workflows and help achieve highest quality results in less time.
*Terms and conditions apply (see footer)*
GUEST SPEAKER: SCOTT O’BRIEN
Scott O’Brien is CEO at Humense, Founder of Augmented Reality OMG, Owner of Floorball.tv and Expert Advisor at International Social Media Association (ISMA). Previously Co Founder of Explore Engage Augmented Reality – Mobile Eyewear.
As an Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR) commercialisation pioneer since 2009, Scott has seen the realities move from “magic show” to functional use cases. In 2016 he is building AR and VR into a “whites of the eyes”, “handshake conversation”, an integral and fun part of daily social habit zones. Scott is now co-founder and CEO of a world leading volumetric video AR VR company with investors from a range of Australian, US and Chinese including Alibaba/Youku.
Scott will cover:
Various case studies with his experience of over 100+ AR VR apps, installations and building of eyewear along with key principles in economics and neuropsychology in shifting behaviours in AR and VR. In this VR based presentation, Scott will demonstrate why this new medium has an unfair advantage and how it compares more favourably to the rapid adoption of colour TV which took just 7 years.
- Partnerships: Worked with key agencies (eg. DDB, Dentsu, Ikon, M+C Saatchi) and clients (eg. McDonalds, HSBC, NBC Universal, Universal Studios, Sony, Cisco, Commbank, Cirque Du Soleil, News Corp, Yahoo7!/Mnet, Kia, Qatar Football, Commbank, Telstra, NBNco, Taubmans, Laing O’Rourke).
- Creative direction: From small apps through to Olympic ceremony style engagements.
- Highlight: Taking the team from 2 people to a team of 55 for a major proof of concept project in the Middle East in mid-2010.
- Social media: Facebook page built in 2008 for Floorball for Olympics – 22,000 genuine fans in 3 wks. Floorball now recognised by the IOC.
- Organiser: Augmented Reality Sydney meetup (largest gatherings worldwide for an AR meetup) and Augmented Reality Melbourne meetup .
Scott will present in VR using Google Tilt Brush. He will also provide a demo of Humense on the HTC Vive: (Humense provides the world with a platform and toolset that helps portray human performance and communication in Augmented (AR), Mixed (MR) and Virtual Reality (VR).
GUEST SPEAKER: BEN X TAN
Tech & Innovation Director at TBWA\Digital Arts Network Sydney
Ben X Tan is a futurist, software engineer and occasional artist/musician. He started drawing and playing piano from a young age, and was introduced to programming when he was 11. Unhappy with being constantly forced to play classical music written centuries ago, he decided he wanted to be creative and make / invent new things. Fast forward to the future, he has worked in the software industry for over 11 years and had experience with a wide range of technologies. These days he works on innovative and creative tech solutions, and constantly has his finger on the pulse of all things digital.
Ben will cover:
– NRMA Crash Car Showroom VIEW FOOTAGE
- The Sell
- The Creative
- The Tech
- Cannes, SXSW, SIGGRAPH
– Recap the latest VR news
– Examples of great VR work by other people
– Commonwealth Bank – Teleporter Adventures
– Why VR? What works. What doesn’t.
– The Future
- Mixed Reality
- Magic Leap
– How can you start getting into MR/VR/AR?
SPEAKER: LEAH BUNNY
Leah Bunny is Founder of Carousel Creative, Virtual Soup & Real World VR and has been involved in new technologies and online marketing since 1998 working with some of Australia’s most iconic internet brands.
Leah will talk about how you can include Virtual, Augmented and Mixed reality (HoloLens) in your marketing mix and how your brands or customers will gain a competetive advantage by doing so in an overcrowded space.
– How to monetise VR
– Pokemon Go branding & case studies & HoloLens
– VR Packaging
– 360 video & social media
– VR sponsorship, events & marketing
– Successful Brands adopting VR
Leah will launch an online marketing tool for the Virtual, Augmented & Mixed Reality market.
GUEST SPEAKER: KATE RICHARDSON
Kate Richardson is Agency Director and Head of Strategy at Red Engine, a digital creative agency specialising in content marketing for blue chip clients such as Telstra, CommBank and Pepsico.
She has more than 15 years experience working with leading global brands in communications and content strategy, having previously held roles at Network Ten, Naked Communications and UM.
Leading Telstra’s first consumer VR project – For the Fans – accelerated her interest in this fascinating, hard-to-pin down, not easy-to-get-right medium, she is passionate about discussing her experience and thoughts on the subject.
All Real World VR attendees will recieve a complimentary Commbank Teleporter Kit.
An educational storybook and virtual reality experience. Changing the way young people learn about finance.
Start Smart is an award-winning free financial education program, offered to over 550,000 school children and young adults across Australia each year. By making money management interactive, engaging and fun, Commbanks’ world-class facilitators has provided students from over 4,400 schools the confidence and competence to make smart decisions about money.
FORMAT: Large Format Screens, Google Cardboard headsets, Samsung Gear VR, HTC Vive & Oculus headset at Loop Project Space & Bar (licenced project space and bar with food menu & music).
MUST PURCHASE TICKETS ON EVENTBRITE (HERE) AS SPACES ARE LIMITED!
This event is from $15 & includes Entry, Forum, Virtual Reality Demonstrations, Q&A, Complimentary Google Cardboard headset and storybook “The Teleporter”, nibbles & Brooklyn Beer specials. (You can also pre-purchase from the menu). We are also running a competition to WIN a CARA VR & NUKE bundle worth over $8500
VIEW GALLERY OF PAST EVENTS:
*TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR CARA VR AND NUKE COMPETITION:
Buy a ticket to the Real World VR Marketing session November 22nd event, like Real World VR on Facebook and send in an original image of what you think VR will look like in the next 10 years to firstname.lastname@example.org with your ticket number. The best judged entry will win 1x copy of CARA VR plugin & NUKE bundle worth £5278.50. Pricing accurate as at the 10/11/16. Entries open 10/11/16 and close 11pm 21st Nov AEST. Entry is open to ticket holders and attendees of the Real World VR Marketing Session on November 22nd ONLY. Multiple entries are accepted. The winner will be announced at the Real World VR November 22nd event. The top 10 images will be featured. The winner must be in attendance on the night. The winner must hold copyright of the image and agree for it to be shown at the event and in future Real World VR publicity. The judges decision is final. Prizes not transferrable.